5th Oleochemicals Outlook

23-24 Aug, 2017 - Yogyakarta

Grand Aston Yogyakarta

PLEASE CLICK HERE to view upcoming event. Information here is outdated
News Feed

Kao and Apical Group Join Hands to Start Fatty Acids Production Base in Indonesia

Posted on : 13 Jul, 2017

 

Japanese chemicals and cosmetics company Kao Corporation has collaborated with Apical Group Limited to start a joint venture named PT Apical Kao Chemicals in Indonesia. The new JV company is expected to produce approximately 100,000 metric tons/year of fatty acids when it starts operations in 2019 in Sumatra. 

Apical Group will own 65% stakes in the joint venture while Kao Corporation will own the remaining 35% stakes. The joint venture has a capital investment of USD 25 million at the time of its establishment with plans to increase capital sequentially.

Indonesia’s abundance of raw materials is expected to help in the stable production of fatty acids. Apical Group owns a number of palm oil plantations and also manufactures fats and oils. Thus, it can ensure a stable supply of fat and oil raw materials for the new JV. 

Kao already has other production bases in other Asian countries such as in the Philippines and Malaysia. The company aims to build the foundation for expansion and greater profitability of its chemical business unit via optimization of production bases within the Kao Group. 

More about fatty acids developments will be discussed at CMT’s 5th Oleochemicals Outlook on 23-24 August, 2017 in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.

Contact Ms. Grace at grace@cmtsp.com.sg or call +65 6346 9147 for more details.

Read more>>>


PROMOTION PARTNERS

How Much?

Who Should Attend?

This conference invites suppliers and producers from across the oleochemical value chain, from feedstock to product application, in order to provide a diverse and interactive level of discussion on the future of oleochemicals. CEOs, VPs, General Managers, Business Development Directors/Managers, Product Managers, Global Purchasing Directors/Managers, Supply Chain Directors, Logistics Managers, Sourcing Directors/Managers, Marketing Managers, SalesManagers, Brokers, Consultants and R&D Managers

share this page on