- Produce regional conference programs for senior executives
- Research and put together industry relevant programs
- Contact global speakers and experts
- Write effective promotion copy
- Coordinate with marketing team to identify target markets
- Manage the conference on the day
DIFFICULTIES OF THE JOB
- A university degree with 3-5 years commercial experience in Market Research, Analyst, Engineering, Journalism Sales & Marketing, Planning & Logistics, Educational etc. Persons with previous conference production experience have added advantage.
- Excellent research, communication & bilingual skill
- Resourcefulness to identify and invite international experts
- Project planning & multitasking strengths
- Flair in conducting discussions and organization of multiple projects
POSITIVE SIDES OF THE JOB
- Listening to the market and sorting out important issues
- Coping with turnovers, from potential speakers
- Meeting deadlines
- Making quality concessions to meet deadlines
- Working within the budget
- Working on two projects at the same time.
- Project oriented – you see the project through from beginning to end and the end is only 3-6 months from the start.
- Financially rewarding.
- Talking & meeting with executives worldwide.
- Not overly supervised once you prove yourself.
- Not totally desk bound
- Very satisfying when a conference is successful – seen as the key player in the company.
- Excellent opportunity for travel – you produce conferences that are held all over the world. (Asia, Europe, MidEast, North & South America)
- Intellectually demanding.
- Always learning about new business corporate matters & regions.
Conference Producer – Senior Conference Producer – Conference Director – Regional Conference Director.
Note : The performance of a producer is totally measurable, both in quantity of output, quality of output, and profitability. There is nowhere to hide, so this is Not a Job for Someone who Doesn’t like to be Measured
Click here to apply with your CV