Of all the alternative protein options that are taking the market by storm , plant-based protein market has gained the bulk of investments, according to data released by The Good Food Institute Asia Pacific.
Last year in 2020, plant based protein recorded USD2.1bil investments (paired together with plant-based egg and dairy) and USD590mil for fermentation companies, compared to USD360mil for cultivated meat.
The global pandemic has accelerated a shift towards plant proteins that was already gaining steam across Asia Pacific. An increasing number of Asians are embracing plant-based meats and the Asia Pacific region is set to have the largest share of the plant-based market by 2025.
Although plant-based meats are not actually new in some parts of Asia as old-school soy based mock , tofu have been around for long, the difference now is that this next generation of plant based meats have reeled in not only vegan and vegetarian fans but also meat-eaters who want to make meaningful changes to their diets !
Many versions of plant based protein are rapidly developing in Asia - from meat to dairy alternatives . These new innovations will need to know how to broaden the mass market appeal of their product and expand its reach through multiple sales channels.
Further recent developments in fermentation solutions will help plant based innovators come up with healthier and tastier creations.
Attend physically or virtually - CMT’s power packed Sustainable Plant-Based Protein & Fermentation Solutions ASIA and be a part of this exciting race to accelerate PLANT-BASED protein in the region.
- Andre Menezes, Co-Founder & COO
Next Gen Foods
- Eugene Wang, Co-Founder & CEO
Sophie's BioNutrients (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Ricky Lin, CEO / Founder, Life3 Biotech Pte Ltd
- Wilfred Feng, Senior Counsel, Dentons
- Brendan McKeegan, Founder/ Director
Australian Plant Proteins Pty Ltd
- Francisco Andre, Global Food Application Manager, Biospringer
- Dr. Matthew Zhao, Food Scientist
Big Idea Ventures
- Angelina Leong, Co-Founder, Angie’s Tempeh
- Angelique Nicolette Teo, Co-Founder, MAD Foods
- Astrid Prajogo, Founder, HaoFood
- Smith Taweelerdniti, CEO, Lets Plant Meat / Managing Director, Nithi Foods Thailand
- Liqin Lu, Co-Founder & CFO, You Kuai Group
- Ronan Moloney, Vice President and General Manager for Food and Meat, Kerry Ingredients (Singapore) Pte Ltd - Kerry Asia Pacific
- Olivier Drean, Asia Pacific Director, Clextral
Register to attend physically in Singapore and Pay before 7th August to receive a 100 USD Discount!
For more information contact email@example.com