Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
It is reported that about 5.8 million tonnes of textiles are discarded every year in the EU, approximately or incinerated.
- Karla Magruder, Founder, Accelerating Circularity
- Ellen Mensink, CEO, BrightLoops Fiber
- Outi Luukko CEO, Rester Ltd
- Walter Thomsen, Managing Director, Soex
- Mag. Sonja Zak, Head of Circularity Initiative, Lenzing
- Lewis Shuler, Head of Innovation, Alpine Group
- Dr. Sedef Uncu Aki, Sustainability Manager, Orta Anadolu
- Bert van Son, Founder, Mud Jeans
- Andy Bass, Chief Marketing Officer, Ecovative
- Anne Reboux, Co Founder, RBX Creations
- Renana Krebs, CEO, Algaeing
- Borui Zhao, Business Strategist, Peelsphere
- Jana Deckers, European Topic Centre on Circular Economy
- Olivier Grammont, Co Founder, Recy Leather
- Sophie Vaud, Head of Microbial Engineering, Colorifix
- Michela Puddu, CEO, Haelixa
Optional Separately Bookable Site Visit to
Brightfiber Textiles & Sorting Facility
22 March 2023, Wednesday
08:30 - 11:15 hrs.
Brightfiber Textiles will open the first 100% circular raw materials factory for the fashion industry in Amsterdam. This factory will process old sweaters and clothing into high-quality fibers and yarns. This factory can produce 2.5 to 3 million kilos of textile raw materials per year. Ellen Mensink, who will be speaking at the conference founded Brightfiber and is also Founder of Brightloops. Loop.a life is the brand the factory ‘will’ produce.