In the current times of decarbonisation, coal is gradually getting phased out and replaced by other sustainable renewable energy sources such as wind, solar, bioenery and etc.
Biomass and bioenergy has been part of the energy mix especially in Europe, Japan, South Korea, with biomass co-firing, dedicated biomass power, biogas and etc. Sustainably sourced wood pellets, wood chips, and agricultural residues such as palm kernel shells and rice husks, has been utilized in place of coal in power generation, and as a route for lower greenhouse gas emission.
Countries are pledging their commitment towards the net-zero target, and private organizations as well are initiating effort, through corporate power purchase agreement, to source for green electricity. So how is biomass and bioenergy complementing in this pursuit? What are the further efforts and plans towards net zero or even negative emission?
Join us in this 2 x 4 hours virtual discussion and connection with environment, energy and commercial experts to fully dissect the realms of biomass and decarbonisation, assessment of carbon footprint from pellet to power, as well as the correlation between sustainably sourced biomass and carbon neutrality.
• BECCS (bioenergy carbon capture & storage) & Efforts towards decarbonisation
• Carbon footprint calculation & practical lessons
• Biomass pellets – Are these really carbon neutral?
• Circular Bioeconomy – What does it means for biomass in energy generation
• Sourcing biomass from sustainable plantations & Implications for biomass projects
- Dr. Takanobu Aikawa, Senior Researcher, Renewable Energy Institute - REI
- Mr. Jos Cozijnsen, Carbon Specialist, Climate Neutral Group
- Dr. Fabian Levihn, Head of R&D, Stockholm Exergi AB
- Mr. Yoshinobu Kusano, Executive Advisor, Fuel Procurement, Biomass Energy, RENOVA, Inc.
- Ms. Laura Sokka, Senior Scientist, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland - HQ
- Mr. Robin Rosendahl, Certifier Bio-Energy, Control Union Nederland BV
- Dr. Jennifer Jenkins, Vice President & Chief Sustainability Officer, Enviva LP
- Mr. Oliver Mauss, Managing Director, Business Development – Asia, Boreal Bioenergy
- Dr. William "Bill" Strauss, President & Founder, FutureMetrics, LLC
- Mr. Matt Bovelander, Senior Consultant Bio Solutions, Indufor Asia Pacific Ltd
- Mihkel Jugaste, Head of Quality and Certification Systems, AS Graanul Invest
- Mr. Kenichiro Suyama, Assistant Manager, Nippon Paper Industries; Forestry Research Supervisor
Amcel - Amapá Florestal e Celulose S.A.
Email email@example.com if you require more information and/or wish to register.
Please contact Huiyan
Do register anyway to purchase the event recording, available after the live streaming.
biomass producers and traders of wood pellets, wood chips, palm kernel shells (PKS); environment and energy policy regulators; power utilities, independent power producers (IPPs) and renewable energy project developers; logistics and shipping companies; carbon markets & environmental solutions providers; equipment/technology providers of pelletising, carbon capture & storage, biomass power plant; consultants, legal and financing experts.
This program will realise the greatest benefit through attendance from
Senior Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents, Directors, Heads and Managers of:
• Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
• Procurement & Sourcing