Accelerating Asian capacities and bridging the gap between rising demand for high quality rPET and limited supply
Research shows that demand for recycled packaging materials in Asia is set to grow as brandowners are committed and willing to bear the higher prices for food grade recycled polymers, with some declaring ambitious plans to fulfil at least 50% recycled content in their packaging by 2030.
Will there be enough supply of food grade rPET to meet brandowners needs ?
The problem in many parts of Southeast Asia is there is still poor waste management infrastructure which impedes the development of higher quality recycled plastics.
FMCG companies source rPET from suppliers with food grade certification and this is propelling Asian recyclers to expand their food grade rPET capacity.
La Vie Nestle recently launched its first natural mineral water using 50% rPET plastic bottles in Vietnam. This initiative indicates a high demand for recycled plastic from large companies, encouraging more local firms to invest in rPET manufacturing facilities to promote a circular economy for packaging in the country.
Major brandowner Coca Cola takes a step further by raising awareness on importance of recycling, contributing to local collection and recycling efforts worldwide and partnering with stakeholders.
CMT’s 10th rPET Asia brings together stakeholders in the supply chain to share their initiatives, circularity measures to protect the environment and the plastics economy moving forward.
• Christoph Wöss, Business Development Manager, Application Bottle, EREMA Group
• Dr. Casper Durandt, Director Sustainable Packaging and Climate Protection, The Coca-Cola Company
• Vivekanand Sistla, Global R&D Director, Unilever
• Miranda Zhang, Editor - Petrochemical, S&P Global Platts
• Gautam Rathore, Managing Director, PT Bumi Indus Padma Jaya
• Tracy Duong, Sales Development Director, Duy Tan Plastics Corp
• Tobias Huinink, Business Director, ALBA Group Asia Limited
Date : 24 March 2021
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more information and/or wish to register.
Please contact Hafizah
Do register anyway to purchase the event recording, available after the live streaming.
Dedicated Networking Room for only USD695