S&P Global Platts Analytics expect Asia PP demand to rebound a healthy 6% growth in 2021 after a dip in 2020, as vaccines and other health measures taken to combat the pandemic begin to take effect. Asia PE demand in packaging, consumer and healthcare markets is expected to remain resilient in 2021. However, due to lower exports of finished goods and cash flow issue, demand for other sectors may remain weak for other sectors, making the overall pace of recovery uncertain.
Sustainability—particularly regulatory and public concerns around single-use plastics is driving major changes in consumer packaging. Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) companies and retailers are proactively making bold commitments to improve both the sustainability of their packaging and to rethink their packaging strategy. How will this commitment impact the converters and their value chain? Is there growth and new partnership opportunities to support customers in revising their packaging portfolios?
Chemical recycling is drawing lots of interest and investment, is it really a sustainable option?
What are the challenges and strategies for securing plastic wastes feedstocks?
CMT’s Sustainable Polyolefins on 23 April 2021 at 1500 SGT (GMT +8) brings together leading panel of experts to shed insights on the Polyolefins market trends, sustainability strategy, recycling investment & supply challenges.
Panel of Expert Speakers :
• (Chairman) Prof. Edward Kosior, CEO & Founder, Nextek
• Dr. Steve Wong, CEO, Fukutomi Recycling Co Ltd
Executive President, China Sustainable Plastics Association
• Heng Hui, Senior editor - Petrochemicals, S&P Global Platts
• Norman Chua, Sustainability Director, Chevron Phillips Chemicals Asia (CP Chem)
• Azrul Aziz, Global Head of Packaging, PZ Cussons Singapore
• Rob Dvorak, Plant Manager, Visy rPLASTICS
• Sebastien Borne, Head of Sourcing & Sustainability, Dynapack Asia
• Frederico Akira Campos, General Manager Polymers, Bio-Polymers and Circular Economy,
• Dr. Andreas Krupicka, Director Global Commodities / Advanced Purchasing
- Global Chemicals, Electrolux
Register with your team today or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please contact Grace Oh
Do register anyway to purchase the event recording, available after the live streaming.