The Middle East region faces an enormous environmental challenge from the tremendous tonnage of plastic waste produced in different forms. It is said that the gross urban waste generation from Middle East countries exceeds 150 million tons per annum, out of which 10-15 percent is contributed by plastic wastes. The burgeoning population, growing consumption, and an increasing trend towards a “disposable” culture, is causing nightmares to municipal authorities across the region and beyond.
How are brand owners implementing their sustainability targets in the region ? What role will municipalities & waste management companies play in increasing recycling rate ?
Turkey’s decision to shut the doors for all imported plastics waste will radically reshape its recycling market and may improve collection and waste infrastructure in the country.
UAE has one of the highest consumptions of bottled water per capita in the world. Hear from , Danone as they share about their sustainable packaging initiatives in the region and what they are doing to keep plastic out of landfill.
Recycling 1.6 Billion PET bottles per year, Bariq produces Food Grade R-PET Pellets - although challenges remain on securing high quality feedstocks.
Recycled plastic bottles also makes it way to sustainable clothing as DGrade shares about their sustainable closed-loop supply chain from plastic bottle collection to clothing production.
- Kumayl Ahmed Al Lawati, Head of Business Development
Oman Environmental Services Holding Company (S.A.O.C) - Be'ah
- Eric Schaffner, Founder, ZeLoop
- Heetesh Bhoola, R&D Director Personal Care, Unilever North Africa, Middle East & Turkey
- Mete Imer, Secretary General, CEVKO
- Dr. Wassim Chaabane, Consultant - Environment and Waste Mgt, cyclos GmbH
- Antoine Moukarsel, Marketing Manager, Danone Middle East
- Erman Iliman, Director, Ertona Tekstil
- Kurt Kuruc, VP - Mideast Food Packaging, Klöckner Pentaplast
- Cagdas Saygi, Country Manager, Polisan Hellas SA
- Ahmed Nabil Elmizayen, Commercial & Sustainability Manager, BariQ
Date: 28 - 29 June 2021
Email email@example.com if you require more information and/or wish to register.
Please contact Hafizah
Do register anyway to purchase the event recording, available after the live streaming.
Dedicated Networking Room for only US$795
Virtual Networking Sponsor