The global food system is under increasing strain as a result of the effects of climate change, changing diets, and increased demand for limited resources with a rising population. As these threats continues, consumers want to know where their food comes from and how it is produced. The importance of sustainability within the food industry cannot be ignored. Companies are working to reduce their carbon footprint at every stage of the food supply chain as well as adopting innovative and responsible farming practices & technologies to meet these challenges.
The impending shift to a more sustainable food system presents new opportunities for new products and markets. Plant-based food, cultivated meat, and fermentation investment has increased significantly and is gaining traction among startups and major corporations. What is driving the plant based market? What is consumers’ perception towards cultured meat?
Financing climate smart agriculture and future foods projects – what do financiers look for? Can ESG & Sustainability agenda drives investment returns? What are the challenges and opportunities out there?
Food waste reduction is critical for addressing food insecurity and mitigating climate change. A growing trend to address this issue is the practice of upcycling foods in order to achieve a zero-waste supply chain.
CMT’s Sustainable Food Trends - Production, Responsible Sourcing & Innovations virtual event brings together industry experts to share insights on the opportunities and challenges in achieving sustainable food production, emerging trends & innovations!
Key Speakers & Panellist :
• Andi Sitti Asmayanti, Associate Director Sustainability, SEA, Mondelez International
• Carrie Chan, Co-Founder & CEO, Avant Meats
• Saurabh Bajaj, CEO, Eat Just Asia
• Tim Ingmire, Head Of Research, Development and Quality, Quorn Foods
• Dr. Tunyawat Kasemsuwan, Director, Global Innovation, Thai Union Group
• Aurélie Gupta, Investment Officer - Manufacturing Agribusiness and Services, IFC
• Christian Cadeo, Managing Partner, Big Idea Ventures
• Prof. Michelle Colgrave, Protein Mission Lead, CSIRO
• Marc Debets, CEO, Apexagri
Register with your team today or contact email@example.com if you require more information.
Register now at only USD215
Please contact Grace Oh
Do register anyway to purchase the event recording, available after the live streaming.