The constant demand for more efficient food production is propelling the growth of agricultural films, particularly in developing countries with challenging climates. Technical innovation and the introduction of regulatory policies that support product lifecycle sustainability drive developments in more mature markets.
While plastic films can undoubtedly contribute to improved efficiency and output in agricultural production, concerns about film waste and disposal are putting the industry under pressure and scrutiny. At the same time, this is leading to an increasing interest in the use of biodegradable and recycled materials and the application of advanced technologies which enable recycling of heavily contaminated films.
Since last September, China has prohibited the use of certain types of agricultural plastic film used to keep crops warm and moist. A new "solid waste law" went into effect last September, increasing fines for violations and mandating the construction of new recycling infrastructure. What is the impact to growers and suppliers of agri-films? What are the alternatives and solutions available?
CMT’s Agricultural Film Outlook on 9 September brings together leading industry experts to share latest advancement in agri-films, Sustainability & Recycling challenges & more!
Get insights from :
• (Chairman) Dr. Meenu (Meenu Sethi) Sachdeva, Assistant General Manager,
Ultimate Flexipack Ltd (A Uflex Group company)
• Prof Yan Changrong, President – International Committee for Plastics in Agriculture,
Institute of Environment & Sustainable Development in Agriculture, CAAS
• Stuart Gordon, (Crop) Systems Program, CSIRO Agriculture and Food
• Seiji Matsuda, Sales Manager, AGC Green-Tech Co. Ltd
• Raviv Morag, CEO, Profit Agro Ltd
• Nopadol Suanprasert, President, Global Biopolymers
• Ernst Vrancken, Global Senior Agronomist – Biopolymers, BASF
• Fabiana Grossi, Market Development Lead – Agriculture & Thick Liners, ExxonMobil
• Mauricio Leano, Technology Principal, Customer & Application Development, PE film,
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more information and/or wish to register.
Please contact Grace Oh
Do register anyway to purchase the event recording, available after the live streaming.