The global flexible packaging industry is forecast to grow at an annual average rate of 4.5% over the next five years, achieving $200.5 billion by 2025. Because of its lightweight, portable format, flexible packaging can be found in almost any industry.
Many more brands and CPG companies have committed to making some or all their packaging fully recyclable by 2025. Until recently, most flexible packaging was non-recyclable due to the inability of recyclers to process the various materials in its multiple laminated layers. However, sustainability challenge is driving the race to create a flexible packaging recycling process that promotes a circular economy while also protecting the environment. In addition, lots of efforts are put into the R&D of flexible packaging, from increasing post-recycle (PCR) content, shift to mono-materials, down-gauging, designing for recyclability, barrier performance and advanced recycling.
Unilever alongside Mars UK, Mondelēz International, Nestlé and PepsiCo launch The Flexible Plastic Fund to boost recycling in the UK.
~ 5/7/21, www.manufacturingglobal.com
Heinz is set to launch a mono-material baby food pouch that is recyclable via kerbside collection.
~ 23/8/21, www.packagingeurope.com
CMT’s Sustainable Flexible Packaging virtual conference on 28 Oct 2021 at 14:00 CEST (GMT +2) aims to brings together industry experts to share insights on the flexible packaging value chain, addressing packaging innovations & market trends, Brand-owner’s sustainable packaging strategy & case studies, printing & materials innovation & recycling technology.
Panel of Expert Speakers :
• Ramesh Ramchandran, Associate Director - R & D Packaging Sustainability,
Foods AMESA & APAC, PepsiCo
• Dr. Carlos Ludlow-Palafox, CEO, Enval
• Gary Lo, Project Manager, TÜV Rheinland LGA Products
• Regina Horstmann, Business Development Manager, Jindal Films Europe
• Michelle Marrone, Innovation & Sustainability Manager, Gualapack
• Dr. Lars Hancke, Manager - Business Development Flexible Packaging,
• Gareth Morton, Discovery Manager, Ecosurety
• Domenico Macchia, New Business Director, Project Development & Trader, Videplast
Vice President, ABIEF – Brazilian Flexible Plastic Packaging Association
Contact email@example.com if you require more information and/or wish to register.
Register now at only USD250/person.
Please contact Grace Oh
Do register anyway to purchase the event recording, available after the live streaming.