Explore benefit of supporting us as Industry/Media/Association partners. Send email to
Launching latest product?
Introducing new venture?
Announcing innovative technology?
Attend with a team of 3 or more at special discounted fee
Looking for a platform to speak & share your expertise with the industry?
Reservation cut off date :13-09-2022
Promising proteins from fava beans, mycelium, sunflower to algae - Taste, texturisation & supply challenges
Shift towards plant-based & meat alternatives protein continues to play a major role in human nutrition.
A wider variety by alternative proteins, new ingredients and production methods are constantly developed to mimic the taste, texture and consistency.
While most meat substitutes still are based on soy or wheat gluten protein, new meat analogues are emerging as well with alternative proteins, binders, flavor enhancers, and natural colors.
With new and fast changes coming up by the industry to address tastes, texture & price, the plant based meat alternative market is expected to remain bullish throughout 2022-2023 led by growth in private labels, start ups and food service industry.
Can sunflower protein join the next plant-based protein major league ?
Sunflower protein contains all of the essential amino acids, neutral flavor and color that makes their properties ideal as food ingredient in many applications.
Will we see a ramping up of mycelium based meat ? Fungi fueled start ups and investors that are blazing the trail in this alternative meat believes that mycelium which is the fibrous root structure of mushrooms could be the next big thing as they are cost competitive and easy to grow and is not produced by a genetically engineered microbe, but instead something we already know and eat.
Extrusion technology remains the most extensively used method for plant-based material. Conventional extrusion process has limitations in terms of the size of the “meat” and also the water and fat content. Also the process, utilizes high heat and pressure to texturize vegetable protein, therefore adding on flavours to the product can only be done after the texturizing process which then makes the centre of the product plain tasting.
Find out more and meet our speakers at this exciting event that brings the alternative protein sector together in one roof to discuss the opportunities and challenges, the promise of new ingredients and more.
- Simon Bentley, Managing Director, Commoditia Ltd
- Dr. Kerstin Burseg Head of Research & Product Development, GoodMills Innovation GmbH
- Janis Garancs, Managing Director, Aloja Starkelsen SIA
- Gijs van Elst, Chief Innovation Officer, Meelunie B.V
- Tomas Turner, CEO & Co-Founder, Cultivated Biosciences
- Paul Shapiro, CEO & Co-founder, The Better Meat Co.
- Guillaume Goudy, Head of Agriculture Research, BTG Pactaul
- Lars Franzen, Head of Food & Health Ingredients, Lantmannen Functional Foods
- Dr. Matthias Heume, Interim Manager, Cereal Docks SPA
- Hannah Lester, CEO/Principal Consultant, Amgen Consulting
- Isabella Iglesias-Musachio, CEO & Founder, Bosque Foods GmbH
- Jenny Tallberg, Business Development Manager, Avena Nordic Grain Oy
- Jonas García, Head of Global Business Development - UK, Yofix Probiotics Ltd
- Prof. Dr. Tomas Kurz, Co-Founder, Protein Distillery
- Pablo Pena, Business Devt Manager - Human Nutrition & Health, Ynsect
To register, contact email@example.com
The conference will share a half-day session with 5th EU Starch Value Chain conference which will take place on 27-28 September 2022.
More details of that conference can be viewed here: