In recent years, stringent regulatory rules and standards have augmented the adoption of eco-friendly packaging materials. A ban took effect in China at the end of 2020 on the production and sale of disposable foamed plastic tableware, straws and plastic cotton buds. A five-year phasing out of non-biodegradable plastic bags also took effect. Recently, Yum China Holdings, one of the China’s largest restaurant operators, made an announcement about aiming to cut its use of environmentally harmful plastics in the next five years by shifting to paper straws and biodegradable packaging.
“Yum China, operator of KFC and Pizza Hut, vows to cut harmful plastic packaging by almost a third”,
2 Feb 2021, South China Morning Post.
Numerous initiatives have been taken up by packaging producers and brand owners to tackle the issue of waste and to find sustainable alternatives. Several manufacturers have shifted to producing biodegradable packaging which will require a lot of material science innovation. Biodegradable packaging has great potential to be part of the solution to growing plastic waste problem, but they also present challenges. This webinar will give you latest insights into the biodegradable packaging market including supply and demand, material innovation, challenges and opportunities, regulatory and standard updates.
• (Chairperson) Bruno Pereira, Chief Sustainability Officer, BioLogiQ
• Robert Cotton, Director - Flexible Packaging Center of Excellence, PepsiCo
• Steve Sherman, President, CEO, BioLogiQ
• Dr. Sabine Amberg-Schwab, Expert Scientist Barrier and Multifunctional Coatings,
Chemical Coatings Technology, Fraunhofer Institute for Silicate Research (ISC)
• Dr. Francesca Braca, Research Project Manager, ARCHA
• Dr. Miriam Weber, Managing Director, HYDRA Marine Sciences
• Dr. Michail Kalloudis, Associate Technical Director, Impact Solutions
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more information and/or wish to register.
Register now at only USD150
Please contact Grace Oh
Do register anyway to purchase the event recording, available after the live streaming.