Racing against time to Transpose to Single-Use Plastics Directive
Across the globe, many countries are recognising the significant negative environmental and health impacts of single-use plastics and have enacted laws to tackle these items that are the biggest source of marine litter today.
Single-use plastics are made wholly or partly of plastic and are typically intended to be used just once or for a short period of time before they are thrown away.
Europe is on the frontline on the fight against single use plastics litter and approved a pioneering piece of legislation that aims to curb these products from entering the market and subsequently the natural environment.
Most member states have developed and approved their own legislation efforts to assure the to-be-banned products are restricted from the market by July 3rd, 2021.
As the countdown to SUP Ban begins, join the authoritative panel of speakers that will give you a comprehensive update on the SUP legal developments, what are leading countries doing to enforce the ban and how this will impact the plastics industry.
• Status of implementation by the European Commission on the Single-Use Plastics Directive
• Regulatory landscape and progress on countries leading the way in SUP transposition
– including France, Germany, United Kingdom
• An LCA perspective on choosing the best alternative for single use plastics
- (Moderator) Bernard Chase, Plastic Recycling Specialist
- Rachida Semail, Partner, Keller & Heckman LLP
- Axel Darut, EU Affairs & Data Advisor, CITEO
- Henriette Schneider, Project Manager - Circular Economy, Environmental Action Germany (DUH)
- Stuart Foster, Chief Executive Officer, RECOUP
- Agnieszka van Batavia, Packaging Sustainability and Regulatory Advisor, The LCA Centre
- Victor Bell, US Managing Director, Lorax EPI
Date: 28 April 2021
Email email@example.com if you require more information and/or wish to register.
Please contact Hafizah
Do register anyway to purchase the event recording, available after the live streaming.
Register now at only €195
Register for both webinars at only €340
Dedicated Networking Room for only €595