As the paper board packaging awaits for a harmonized food contact framework in Europe, guidelines provided on national levels are currently adopted, and often varies across member countries.
Ensuring the safety of paper and board food contact packaging is key priority for everyone in the fiber-based materials value chain. In addition to fluorochemicals and optical brighteners, there is increasing concerns over PFAS exposure from food contact material. What are the threats and how is the value chain and regulators responding to this?
The circular economy of packaging also aims for full recyclability of materials disposed, and especially the ease of existing paper waste recycling stream is another key requirement for barrier paper packaging.
And finally, just as important, are brandowner's requirement on the high functionality such as shelf life extension to reduce food wastage.
Join us and our expert speakers at CMT's Sustainable Barrier Paper Packaging for Food Contact, at 15:00 CEST on 30th June 2021. The panel will walk you through the innovation and development work to ensure safety and sustainability on the barrier paper board packaging for takeaways, fast food, snacks and our daily cuppa.
- Atul Tyagi, Vice President, Export Sales Industrial White BU, Asia Pulp & Paper (APP)
- Dr. Thomas Gude, Deputy Head Food/Non-Food Division, SQTS - Swiss Quality Testing Services
- Helene Lehtinen, Customer Projects Director, Metsa Board
- Dr. Jessica Cooper, Chemistry Specialist, Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Christophe Jordan, Managing Director / Directeur Général - Translucent Papers & Smart Papers
Arjowiggins SAS (HQ)
Email email@example.com if you require more information and/or wish to register.
Please contact Grace Oh
Do register anyway to purchase the event recording, available after the live streaming.