Novotel Brussels City Centre
Paper and fiber packaging is gaining popularity as sustainable and cost-efficient alternatives to fossil-based packaging and single-use plastics, as it is most conveniently recycled and recyclable. Moving forward with the complexity of demand requirement, the paper packaging industry has taken a leap, through partnerships, R&D and etc, with performance paper packaging solution coupled with high functional barrier properties and heat sealability, suitable for both food and non-food applications.
Food-contact compliant and safety is key priority for paperboard and fiber packaging. Ensuring sustainability, functionality (heat sealability and etc) and recyclability of the barrier paper packaging are increasingly important requirements too, and this is set to disrupt the entire value chain for the next few years.
And naturally in the food-contact segment, the wishlist for barrier paper packaging go beyond oil and grease proof, but also the ability to improve shelf-life and freshness. This eventual solution has to full recyclable, compostable and biodegradable.
Circular economy of packaging aims for full recyclability of packaging materials disposed, and ease of existing paper waste recycling stream.
Join us and our expert speakers at CMT's 2nd Sustainable Barrier Paper Packaging for Food-Contact, on 12-13 October 2022. Providing the latest updates on advancements and trends influencing high performance paper packaging today, this is a perfect platform for all speakers and participants to discuss ideas and opportunities, as well as network with high-level players from across the supply chain. The panel will walk you through this evolution, as the paperboard and barrier coatings industry work together to ensure functionality, safety and sustainability from biobased barrier paper packaging for takeaways, fast food, snacks and our daily cuppa.
- Herwig Kirchberger, Managing Director, Delsci GmbH
- Ralf Mack, Director Business Development, Graphic Packaging International
- Jim Fogg, Business Development Manager, Barrier Coatings, Solenis
- Bob Hu, Sr. Application Research Scientist, Eastman Chemical Company
- Romain Metivet, founder and CEO, Cellulotech Inc.
- Pieter Cools, Senior Research Engineer Sustainability, Amcor Flexibles R&D
- Marten Hellberg, CEO and Co-founder, OrganoClick AB
- Alexey Vishtal, Head of Novel Packaging Development, Mayr-Melnhof
- Massimo Ramunni, Secretary General, Aticelca
- Daniele Bussini, Head of Paper Production and Testing Sector, Innovhub SSI
- Emily Parsons, Technology Launch Specialist, Solenis
- Larry Hutchinson, Global Market Development Manager, Solenis
- Geoffrey Stijfs, Technical Sales Manager, Sappi
Contact email@example.com for more information on the event and registration.