Van der Valk Hotel Ridderkerk
"Growth Rate and Productivity in Large Scale Algal Cultures: Facts, Fictions & Everything In-Between" is an insightful video presentation by Dr. Avigad Vonshak, Director of the Jacob Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research (BIDR), the research arm of Ben-Gurion University and the only non-US laboratory involved in the US Department of Energy's Aquatic Species Program.
Hear from Dr. Vonshak as he looks beyond the hype of Algae production for biofuels and other applications and scrutinize KEY issues and claims central to the commercial cultivation of Micro Algae in this highly rated presentation made at the Algae World 2008 conference in Singapore last November.
The AlgaeWorld Video will make you question some of the MOST FUNDAMENTAL ASSUMPTIONS in Algae Production, and aims to provide objective insights and realistic snapshot of the potential for Algae and the entire Algae value chain. This video is presented as a prelude to the upcoming AlgaeaWorld Europe 2009 to be held on the 27 & 28 April in Rotterdam.
Watch & find out if the following statements are Fact or Fiction:
- Algae really has a Superior oil yield compared to other biodiesel feedstock.
- Algae are the Fastest Growing Organisms on the Planet
- Fast Growing Algal Strains are the Most Productive Strains for Biofuel Production.
- I can produce 10,000 barrels of Algae Biofuel per hectare annually.
- Photo-bioreactors are the most efficient method of producing Algae.
- Growing Algae in closed systems ensures that there will be no contamination.
- Algae thrives in lots of light; the more the better.
- Algae are specialized organisms that convert biomass more efficiently than any other life form.
...Plus Many More...
Why you can't afford to miss out on this opportunity to tap Dr. Avigad Vonshak's expertise!
Dr. Avigad Vonshak is the Director of the Jacob Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research (BIDR), the research arm of Ben-Gurion University and the only non-US laboratory involved in the US Department of Energy's Aquatic Species Program.
Dr. Vonshak, who has been studying algae for over 30 years, has "seen it all" and strongly advocates the importance of knowledge over hype and hyperbole. In this video presentation, he calls on the Algae community to understand the facts and the science of Algae cultivation and processing before embarking on complicated business plans.
As Dr. Vonshak himself says, "Friends and Phycologists, I have not come to bury Micro-Algae for Biodiesel, neither do I want to Over-Sell it."
Don't miss out on the AlgaeWorld Video Presentation by Dr. Avigad Vonshak, where he reveals new research being carried out by his organization that could provide the first steps towards selecting a strain for commercial biofuel production.
For your Instant Access to this FREE Video, simply provide your first name and email in the form below.
To your Success with Algae,